How to Pray the Rosary
The Five Joyful Mysteries are traditionally prayed on Mondays, Saturdays, and, during the season of Advent, on Sundays:
- The Annunciation
- The Visitation
- The Nativity
- The Presentation in the Temple
- The Finding in the Temple
The Five Sorrowful Mysteries are traditionally prayed on Tuesdays, Fridays, and, during the season of Lent, on Sundays:
- The Agony in the Garden
- The Scourging at the Pillar
- The Crowning with Thorns
- The Carrying of the Cross
- The Crucifixion and Death
The Five Glorious Mysteries are traditionally prayed on Wednesdays and, outside the seasons of Advent and Lent, on Sundays:
- The Resurrection
- The Ascension
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit
- The Assumption
- The Coronation of Mary
The Five Luminous Mysteries are traditionally prayed on Thursdays:
- The Baptism of Christ in the Jordan
- The Wedding Feast at Cana
- Jesus' Proclamation of the Coming of the Kingdom of God
- The Transfiguration
- The Institution of the Eucharist
Steps to Pray the Rosary
1. Make the Sign of the Cross.
2. Recite the "Apostles Creed". (holding the Crucifix)
3. Recite the "Our Father". (Large Bead)
4. Recite 3 "Hail Marys". (Small Beads)
5. Recite the "Glory Be to the Father".
6. Say Fatima Prayer and Short Prayer to Mary (optional)
7. Announce the First Mystery of the Joyful Mysteries
8. Recite the "Our Father". (Large Bead)
9. Say 10 "Hail Marys" (Small Beads)
10. Recite the "Glory Be to the Father".
11. Then pray the Fatima Prayer (optional)
12. Then pray a Short Prayer to Mary (optional)
13. Announce the Second Mystery of The Joyful Mysteries
14. Repeat 7-8-9-10-11-12
15. Then repeat the same prayers as you meditate on all the Joyful, the Sorrowful, and the Glorious Mysteries.
16. After the five (or fifteen) decades are finished,
Pray the Hail Holy Queen
17. Pray the Memorare
18. V. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God
R. That we maybe worthy of the promises of Christ.
LET US PRAY
O God, Whose only-begotten Son, by His life, death and Resurrection has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these Mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
Related Articles Other Visitors Liked
Prayers of the Holy Rosary
THE SIGN OF THE CROSS
"In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen."
THE APOSTLES' CREED
"I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit; born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; the third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven; sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Catholic Church; the Communion of Saints; the forgiveness of sins; the Resurrection of the body; and life everlasting. Amen."
THE OUR FATHER
"Our Father, Who art in Heaven; hallowed by Thy Name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. Amen."
THE HAIL MARY
"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen."
THE GLORY BE TO THE FATHER
"Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen."
THE FATIMA PRAYER
"Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins; save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy."
A SHORT PRAYER TO MARY
"Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us, or Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us, or Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us, or
Our Lady of Czestochowa, pray for us, etc
any other title of Our Lady you would like to use"
THE HAIL HOLY QUEEN
"Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee we cry, poor banished children of Eve! To thee do we send up our sighs; mourning and weeping in this vale of tears! Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us; and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy Womb, Jesus.
O Clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God
That we may be worthy of the promises of Christ."
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee O Virgin of Virgins, my Mother.
To thee, I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. AMEN
The Fatima Prayer.
Available at Applebooks app on your mobile device
Search for Bob and Penny Lord rosary
Free Shipping code = FreeShipping enter at checkout